Subject: Re: New target in Makefile? build-kernel ?
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dawid_Szyma=F1ski?= <dawszy@polnet.wroc.pl>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/2002 09:16:01
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Dawid Szymański wrote:

# > Yes, but the
# >
# > config SOnSO
# > cd ../compile/SOnSO
# > make depend && make
# >
# > process is common to all BSDs, isn't it? FreeBSd still supports that
# > (or did last time I used it), so I don't see a compatibility problem
# > really.
# >
# > Not to say it shouldn't be done, but I'm not sure there's a need....

# It is need I supose, it would be easier for FreeBSD to NetBSD migrating
# people and for newbies ?

Easier != better.  I think it's better for people to know the underlying
mechanism, lest the front-end break.  The back-end always works if everything
else is in order.

That said, I don't think I'd mind a 'make install' target, but since everyone
does something differently at that point, that's kind of moot, too...

/* assert (veccmp((*greywolf)->con_p[getconcept("differently")],
	{"mv","/netbsd","/oldbsd;","cp","netbsd","/",0}) == 0) */

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Get Over It.