Subject: Re: Colour curses programs now default to white on black
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/2002 12:23:47
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# > I've made some changes to our curses code to comply with the SUSv2 [*]
# > specifications.  This means that colour curses-using programs will now
# > display as white on black by default.
#
# White on black?  Do you mean everything will be in reverse video if I
# normally set my terminal to black letters on a white background?  If so
# then that's got to be wrong.
#
# The _default_ should be exactly the same as if nothing were done to
# change the colours used for normal text.

Spot On.  I think that's what "default" implies -- doing otherwise is
BAD (Broken As Designed).

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: I Wanna Be Sedated!