Subject: Re: Colour curses programs now default to white on black
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/2002 13:12:25
[ On Sunday, August 4, 2002 at 18:00:48 (+0100), Julian Coleman wrote: ]
> Subject: Colour curses programs now default to white on black
>
> I've made some changes to our curses code to comply with the SUSv2 [*]
> specifications.  This means that colour curses-using programs will now
> display as white on black by default.

White on black?  Do you mean everything will be in reverse video if I
normally set my terminal to black letters on a white background?  If so
then that's got to be wrong.

The _default_ should be exactly the same as if nothing were done to
change the colours used for normal text.  Nothing in the document at the
URL you provided says anything about forcing white on black (or reverse
video).

--
								Greg A. Woods