Subject: Re: Warning message: Why do I care?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/2002 14:18:08
--WChQLJJJfbwij+9x

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 07:13:58PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> Is there a way to disable these warnings?  This level of warning seems
> over the top to me.  But I'd like other warnings at the same pri.level
> possibly to come through.
>=20
> Is there a config/run-time something that I can tweak?

No, and there shouldn't be. You should be redirecting file
descriptors 0-2 from/to /dev/null if you don't need them rather than
closing them.

It's a programmatic error to do otherwise, just as it's a
programmatic error to allow buffer overflows by not checking the
length of user-supplied data.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net