Subject: Re: HP DeskJet 660Cse...
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/2002 11:20:48
On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

# On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 02:41:38AM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
# > Hey, all,
# >
# > I have just inherited an HP DeskJet 660Cse, and it seems to be taking
# > forever to print anything.  I know next to nothing about these; can
# > anyone clue me in?
# >
# > Connected via Parallel to lpt0/lpa0, using lpt0.
#
# Use the non-reset-on-open port.
# Use the non-reset-on-open port.
# Use the non-reset-on-open port.

I assume this means "mknod lpn0 c 16 64"?

# Else horrible things happen when you spool the 2nd print job, while part
# of the first is still in the printer's buffer.
#
# Regards,
# 	-is

How do I find out how much of a "buffer" this thing has?  The test page
was unbelievably slow.  I started printing out the test page for
apsfilter at 1:30 this morning; by 11:00 it had finished about 40% of
the page.

This cannot POSSIBLY be right.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: it'll be there when you're ready for it.