Subject: Re: IPSEC still fails on BETA2/vax (not anymore!)
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/2002 11:15:54
On Thu 25 Jul 2002 at 08:54:55 +0200, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > The good news is that in 1.6D the default kernel stack now seems
> > suffient for nfs mount request in my test environment. I increased the
> > interrupt stack, like before, and then successfully did the nfs mount
> > and an ls -l.
>
> Just to confirm - with the NFS patch I sent, right? If it helped you,

Yes, indeed, I should have thought about adding that.

> I can commit the change to -current and request pullup to 1.6 branch.

Great. It is very good that it will avoid[1] increasing the per-process
kernel stack.

[1] for now - I'm being careful because I have not done any analysis
on potential stack usage in other scenarios. Call me paranoid :)

> Jaromir
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.