Subject: Re: java native on NetBSD?
To: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/2002 13:15:23
On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Michael Core wrote:

> chuck+nbsd@snew.com (Chuck Yerkes) wrote:
>
> > Um, I can't emulate Intel on my SPARCs.  Nor on my Alphae.
>
> I thought COMPAT_SUNOS or COMPAT_SVR4 would make NetBSD binary
> compatible with Solaris and Sun offers Java for it, of course.

I realize this is a bit late.

The COMPAT_ options add support for different OSs of the same
architecture. So COMPAT_SUNOS only works on architectures (CPU types) that
ran SUNOS. Likewise COMPAT_SVR4 is only going to give Solaris support on
architectures that run Solaris (i386, sparc and sparc64 in our parlance).

Take care,

Bill