Subject: Re: NFS problems
To: Jukka Marin , Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/2002 23:13:50
> It's a 16-port switch with an 8K-entry MAC cache and a 512 KB packet
> buffer.  Shouldn't have any problems routing the packets between any
> two machines in my home network. ;-)
>
> Besides, as far as I can tell, the problems started when I started
> upgrading the client systems from something like 1.5W to 1.6beta or
> so.  No hardware or network changes were made.

Maybe someone has improved the netbsd code so that it now sends out
the packets closer together - so the switch can no longer cope.

Also it (probably) allocates buffer space to each port. 512k/16
is 32k per port.  A little bit over overhead and it will all
go horribly wrong.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk