Subject: Re: An easy way to check for new disks?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2002 20:01:58
Are you looking for an auto-play kind of thing, or just an automagic
mount?

amd can be configured for mount-on-demand (when chdir'd to).  I think
that's even in the examples section for amd.

"scsictl $cd tur" will work if you want to have a daemon constantly
polling for it...hmmm, anyone write autoplayd yet? :)

[obviously that's half tongue in cheek -- we don't want to try to auto-
execute windows scripts, but perhaps we could add functionality for
UNIX-style distribution CDs...]