Subject: Re: make release prob on i386
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/2002 15:31:33
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:36:34AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Thu, 30 May 2002, Patrick Welche wrote:
>
> : Following "realinstall" through, I can't see any directories being created.
> : For that matter, the only directories I see created at all are in "obj" not
> : "install". (The reason the build worked, but not the release was that the
> : build was for 1.5ZC, but the release for 1.6A => tooldir changed..)
>
> If you want to do "make release" with OBJHOSTMACHINE set, you *must* do a
> "make build" on the same kernel version first (or, to be more specific, not
> set BUILD_DONE so that "build" becomes a prerequisite of "release").  This
> is because host-specific objdirs key off the OS version number, which
> NetBSD supplies from the kernel.

It just happened again. I found I had remove "UPDATE=1" from my mk.conf.
That doesn't imply BUILD_DONE, does it? (again problems with groff in tools)
(UPDATE=1 was fine for -m acorn32 which I hadn't built before, but not
for -m macppc where tools.macppc/tools.NetBSD-1.5Z{,A,C}-i386 directories
already existed).

Cheers,

Patrick