Subject: Re: pcmcia ep0 performance awful in 1.6/-current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Vandomelen <chrisv@b0rked.dhs.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/2002 13:38:54
> > Have any of the rest of you seen this problem? (my xi0 pc card
> > gives endless timeouts, and my ne0 pc card locks up the machine...)
>
> I have trouble with xi0 in 1.5.3, too, gives a lot of timeouts,
> sometimes fails to initialize, etc. I have not tried that with 1.6 or
> -current.

My xi0 works fine, provided I force it into 100baseTX mode prior to using
it (and I'm plugged into something that supports it, of course).

> I always thought the card itself was probably to blame, I bought it
> second hand.

Got mine second hand as well. It works flawlessly on Win95 in whatever
mode I feel like putting it in, so I suspect that most of my problems
with the card are more to do with the drivers that I'm using with it.

Chris