Subject: Re: Very slow pipe/TCP connection in 1.6_BETA4
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/2002 13:49:50
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Bang Jun-Young wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:02:41AM -0400, Andreas Wrede wrote:
> > Does anyone have an idea what is holding things up here?
>
> Why don't you give it a try again with having `options PIPE_SOCKETPAIR'
> enabled in your kernel config file?

No change, as reported earlier.

I worked around the problem by dumping the tape to a disk partition
and used dd | gzip -d | restore, with expected performance. This seams
to indicate some complex timing interdependencies bewteem scsi, pipe
and TCP stack.

BTW, the tape drive involved is a Exabyte 8505 attached to a 53c875
with the esiop driver.

Does anyone else have problems with amrecover performance in
1.6_BETA4/i386?

--
    - aew