Subject: Re: pcmcia ep0 performance awful in 1.6/-current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/2002 12:59:29
On 09.07.02, 02:34:47, Tom Spindler wrote:
> Ever since going from 1.5.3 to 1.6, my NFS performance with my ep0
> pcmcia ether card has been appallingly awful. I have to crank my
> reads down to -r3072, and there's amazing amounts of stuttering
> when playing mp3s.

My ep0 (3com 589TP) works fine with 1.6/hpcmips in my z50. I get about
700k/s reading from nfs (server is 1.5.3/i386) with no special nfs
mount options. Not as fast as it might theoretically be, but still
quite ok and definitely very far from "appalling".

> Have any of the rest of you seen this problem? (my xi0 pc card
> gives endless timeouts, and my ne0 pc card locks up the machine...)

I have trouble with xi0 in 1.5.3, too, gives a lot of timeouts,
sometimes fails to initialize, etc. I have not tried that with 1.6 or
-current.

I always thought the card itself was probably to blame, I bought it
second hand.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: demonic power.