Subject: mfs /dev configurable, presumably...
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/2002 10:26:22
Greetings;

I have a -current build from about a week ago.  I boot it, and it comes
up creating a mfs /dev with every device known to man living in it, as
though "MAKEDEV all" had just been run.

I'll presume this is a first step toward a devfs.  I'll further presume
that I can rip this code out and rebuild init, seeing as I find the /dev
far too crowded.

[I'll note that a devfs isn't really going to be practical until ptys
among others are clone devices as well...]

I think the thing I *really* found the most annoying about this is that
"chgrp" and "chown" don't exist at the time the devices are created, and
messages are spewed to point this out.  Repeatedly.

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:
	"Just click on the START button and your journey to the Dark Side