Subject: 1.5.2 <-> -current upgrade issues
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2002 14:27:20
Hello all,

It appears I did stupid things:
I updated from 1.5.2 to -current, 'build.sh -t''d tools, compiled a new
kernel, reboot and now 'build.sh'ing the rest fails with unresolved
reference to __time13 (or some such) when building gcc.

Various attempts to completely clear out the source-tree, checking a
fresh one out and various combinations of DESTDIR, TOOLDIR etc. all
yield the same result.

Somebody suggested that somehow I managed to hose my system, so
downloaded base.tgz from releng.netbsd.org to bring back the lib's and
headers that ought to work.  Nonetheless, same error.

Any suggestions?
What am I doing wrong here?

-Jan

--
"When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's  been frying
goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the best plan is to open a