Subject: Does coda-server-5.3.13 work?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2002 17:05:25
Hi,
I don't seem to be able to use vice-setup to configure the server
volume.  I had the same problem with vice-setup previously. I don't
do anything special besides using plain file for RVM log and Data
partition. I do have pseudo-device vcoda and file-system CODA
in my kernel. Kernel is 1.6B. rvm 1.3, lwp 1.6 and rpc2 1.10 were
freshly built from pkgsrc (I haven't them before coda-server compile).

Anyone has idea what is the problem? Is anyone using the Coda server
from pkgsrc?

Thanks,

Jaromir

Script started on Tue Jul  2 16:50:46 2002
# vice-setup
Welcome to the Coda Server Setup script!

Setting up config files for a coda server.
Do you want the file /usr/pkg/etc/coda/server.conf created? [yes] yes
What is the root directory for your coda server? [/vice] /us/=08 =08r/obj/v=
ice
Couldn't find /usr/pkg/etc/coda/server.conf
Couldn't find /usr/pkg/etc/coda/server.conf
Setting up /usr/obj/vice.
Directories under /usr/obj/vice are set up.

Is this the master server, aka the SCM machine? (y/n) y

Setting up tokens for authentication.
The following token must be identical on all servers.
Enter a random token for update authentication : uptoken
The following token must be identical on all servers.
Enter a random token for auth2 authentication : autoken
The following token must be identical on all servers.
Enter a random token for volutil authentication : voltoken
tokens done!

Setting up the file list for update client
Filelist for update ready.
/etc/services already has new services registered! Good.
/etc/services ready for Coda
Do you want to start the server at boot time? (y/n) n
You will have to start your coda server by hand.
Couldn't find /usr/pkg/etc/coda/server.conf
Couldn't find /usr/pkg/etc/coda/server.conf
Now installing files specific to the SCM...

Setting up servers file.
Enter an id for the SCM server. (hostname s102-n054)
The serverid is a unique number between 0 and 255.
You should avoid 0, 127, and 255.
serverid: 138
done!
Initializing the VSGDB to contain the SCM as E0000100
/vice/db/VSGDB set up

Setting up ROOTVOLUME file
Enter the name of the rootvolume (< 32 chars) : test1

Setting up users and groups for Coda

You need to give me a uid (not 0) and username (not root)
for a Coda System:Administrator member on this server,
(sort of a Coda super user)

Enter the uid of this user: 1002
Enter the username of this user: coda
An initial administrative user coda (id 1002)
with Coda password changeme now exists.

A server needs a small log disk partition, preferrably on a disk by
itself. It also needs a metadata partition of approx 4% of you filespace.

For trial purposes you may give oridnary files instead of raw
partitions. Keep all size small if you do this.
Production servers will want partitions for speed.

WARNING: you are going to play with your partitions now.
verify all answers you give.

WARNING: these choices are not easy to change once you are up and running.

Are you ready to set up RVM? [yes/no] yes

What is your log partition? /usr/obj/vice/rvmlog

The log size must be smaller than you log partition.  We
recommend not more than 30M log size, and 2M is a good choice.
What is your log size? (enter as e.g. '2M') 2M

What is your data partition (or file)? /usr/obj/vice/datapart

The data size must be approx 4% of you server file space.  We
have templates for servers of approx: 500M, 1G, 2.2G, 3.3G, 8G
(you can store less, but not more on such servers).
The corresponding data sizes are  22M, 44M, 90M, 130M, 315M.
Pick one of the defaults, otherwise I will bail out

What is the size of you data partition (or file)
 [22M, 44M, 90M, 130M, 200M, 315M]: 22M

WARNING: DATA and LOG partitions are about to be wiped.

  --- log area: /usr/obj/vice/rvmlog, size 2M.
  --- data area: /usr/obj/vice/datapart, size 22M.

Proceed, and wipe out old data? [y/n] y

LOG file has been initialized!

Rdsinit will initialize data and log.
This takes a while.
rvm_initialize succeeded.
Going to initialize data file to zero, could take awhile.
done.
create_segment unmap failed RVM_EVERSION_SKEW
?  ERROR: rds_zap_heap RVM_EVERSION_SKEW.
Your coda server is not completely setup.  You will need
set it up by hand or fix the problems and rerun /usr/pkg/sbin/vice-setup.
# exit
Script done on Tue Jul  2 16:52:16 2002

--=20
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.=
html
-=3D- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the tantric    -=
=3D-
-=3D- Buddhist masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you -=
=3D-
-=3D- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''     -=
=3D-