Subject: Re: openssh and -current
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@mines.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/2002 07:58:41
On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 08:03:16PM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:
> debug1: identity file /home/rmk/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/rmk/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
                                                   ^^

This means ssh was not able to read your public keys (on the client side).

But it should still have continued on with something like:

debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_3.4 NetBSD_Secure_Shell-20020626

I wonder if it was completely unable to contact the remote sshd.  Are the
keys on an nfs-mounted file system?  Could this be a network problem rather
than an ssh problem?

--Jim