Subject: Re: CFS with NetBSD 1.6
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/2002 22:37:42
On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 10:24:53PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <20020630000510.2a034cf4.520079546242-0001@t-online.de>, Michael Cor
> e writes:
> >Hi,
> >
> >is cfsd still useable with NetBSD 1.6? I haven't used it for a while and
> >now I cannot access the files in my cfs'd directory anymore. cfs_attach
> >works and I can walk the directories but the moment I access a file
> >(with cat, less or whatever) the program or shell stalls. top shows that
> >cfsd waits in "select" and several nfsio show "nfsidl". I'll give it
> >another try with a GENERIC-kernel but I'm afraid that isn't the problem.
> >

> I'm seeing the same thing, and I'm using the version of CFS that I
> originally ported to NetBSD, not the pkgsrc version.
>
> Have you filed a PR yet, or should I?

This sounds like almost the exact problem I have had every time I've tried
to use sharity-light: doing certain things, it totally freezes NFS, any
programs trying to access it hang, and I have to reboot for things like df,
mount, etc to work again. I think I still have a PR open, but since nothing
has happened with it, it might be a good idea to open another one for the cfs
problem.

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive