Subject: Re: java native on NetBSD?
To: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/2002 13:54:10
At 1:08 Uhr +0200 28.6.2002, Michael Core wrote:
>Hi,
>
>greywolf@starwolf.com (Greywolf) wrote:
>
>> Is there a native Java interpeter/compiler for NetBSD, or is it all
>> done under emulation?
>
>Why do you ask? I would say it doesn't matter at all. Or are there some
>serious reason one would need a native Java environment?

I've seen queer behaviour from Java GUI applications due to the emul
'shadow file hierarchy'. Not all could be solved by a 'ln -s / /.bsdroot'
which is a PITA to remember anyway.

Plugin, JNI and !i386 issues have already been mentioned.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign       "They that can give up essential liberty
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email          to obtain a little temporary safety