Subject: Re: 7 days and counting since my last rsync with new revisions....
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/2002 15:55:00
[ On , June 26, 2002 at 15:24:47 (-0400), Perry E. Metzger wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 7 days and counting since my last rsync with new revisions....
>

> woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods) writes:
> > Is it just me, or is the delay between updates of the CVS repository
> > mirror on rsync.netbsd.org _WAY_ too long?
>
> Buy us (or help us buy) hardware that doesn't suck as badly and a lot
> of it can be fixed. The machines are way overloaded.

Ah, OK, I understand.  I will make some more insistent queries, but as
I'm sure you know times are tough all around....

Would more rsync mirrors (or at least one more here in Toronto) help to
spread the load out?  Can rsync mirrors update quickly, i.e. in a timely
and regular fashion, from a less loaded private master server?  Does
anyone have answers for the similar rsync-related questions as are given
in the FTP and WWW mirror FAQs?

--
								Greg A. Woods