Subject: Re: Curious SYNOPSIS in signal(3)
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/2002 11:42:28
>>>>> "Greywolf" == Greywolf  <greywolf@starwolf.com> writes:

Greywolf> Show me a student that wants to have the information hidden,
Greywolf> and I'll ask you if you want fries with that.
(...)
Greywolf> I don't typically agree with data hiding.

Well... Perhaps my bad english is the culprit... I've /never/ said a
manpage should hide anything, i say exactly the opposite: a manpage
should help. If the inlined form is rather obscure, it doesn't offend
me to find a "pre-parsed" form.

For my own, and as my student's questions prove it, the typedef'd
form is much easier to read.

Typically, when i give the genuine form, i see lot of eyes pairs
staring at me and i have to explain this form by
parsing the argument list. You know what? : my explanation is exactly
what the typedef'd form do.

Following that i immediatly suggest they better have to use
sigaction()... ;-)
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1328528044 secondes