Subject: Re: NetBSD vs PPPOE
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2002 10:18:06
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 07:13:12AM -0400, Robert Schaefer wrote:
>
> Read
>
> http://netbsd.org/Documentation/network/pppoe/
>
> and that should explane how to use kernel land PPPoE. You'll need 1.5Z
> or newer kernel.

Is one kernel preferred over another?  I haven't kept track 'em, but I
don't want to get bit with a bug that everyone else knows about.

> And for PPPoE you need fast machine. My friend have 10/10Mbps DSL
> connection with PPPoE and 120MHz Pentium doing routing and it isn't
> fast enough (it's linux.. ;).

This is bad news.  I've got to route 2-3 boxes throught the connection, and
I was considering a wireless AP hanging off the side (a la
http://www.nycwireless.net) for funsies.  The machine I currently have
spare is a P-100.  I do have a /300X I could use if I can scare up a
Turbochannel 10base card.

Thanks!

Bob