Subject: System freeze when accessing floppy disk
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2002 15:27:46
Hello

yesterday I had a system freeze when I tried to access a floppy disk
using ext2. Let me explain first the situation.

This is i386. My floppy drive was unconfigured in the BIOS (I didn't
noticed it until several tries to access the disk). I took a floppy
which contained grub with an ext2 filesystem and I did:

mount -t ext2fs /dev/fd0c /mnt

(fd0a didn't work because unconfigured bios). This went ok, though
when I did:

ls /mnt

system got stalled; xmms stopped playing music, mouse pointer got
frozen and the floppy drive led kept open. After some minutes,
I listened a second of music and the led light off. Then, system
was completly frozen and I had to reboot.

I didn't see a kernel panic or such things because I was in X...

Has this happened to anybody else? Is it worth to send-pr this?

Thanks.

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.hispabsd.org
Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>