Subject: How to add compiler flags?
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2002 12:22:43
Okay, once upon a time, it was recommended that I use
in my /etc/mk.conf LOCAL_CFLAGS to define extra options for my
compilations at build time, and to use HOST_CFLAGS+= ${LOCAL_CFLAGS}

Then things started to break, and I was told, "Don't do that."

"Use COPTS+= instead."

Then, recently, that caused my kernel builds to completely explode,
being twice as large as they needed to be.

So I was told, "Don't do that."

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I *should* be using to add
build-time compiler flags to /etc/mk.conf, since HOST_CFLAGS,
LOCAL_CFLAGS and COPTS all seem to be off limits?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Dave Barry is working on our motto.