Subject: Re: Linux emulation under -current
To: Jim Bernard <jbernard@mines.edu>
From: Murray Armfield <murray.armfield@arconsulting.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/2002 12:24:18
Hi,
=09I have not seen netscape navigator or acroread fail. They both work fi=
ne. Its=20
these other apps...

Murray

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:10, you wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 03:52:04PM +0200, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> > If it's really the problem, can you try mount_nfs -X ?
>
>   I expect it was Murray you were suggesting this to.  But I checked
> anyway, and FWIW using -X does fix the problem for me (which is now tha=
> some files are not found, rather than that netscape and acroread hang w=
hen
> started).
>
> --Jim
>
> > Jim Bernard wrote:
> > >
> > >   This sounds similar to problems reported in PR's 16342 and 16349.=
=20
> > > Tron has suggested disabling linux_sys_getdents64 as a temporary
> > > workaround (see the PR's), and it worked for me.  If it's the same
> > > problem, downgrading SUSE to 6.4 also works.

--=20
Murray Armfield
Director
AR Consulting (VIC) Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0410 531 55
Fax: +613 9416 0313

This e-mail is confidential and for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you are not
authorised to disclose, use, distribute or in any other way make
use of the information contained in it, and such activities are
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail, delete the document and