Subject: Problems with unprived build
To: NetBSD-current users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2002 12:06:18
--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

Hi all

I'm having some problems with build.sh. The first one is with the toolchain
set. I have a tools set built in /usr/tools by root, which I can't use in
unprived builds (permission denied), so I need to build my own set.

The other problem is the following:

$ ./build.sh -U -R /var/build/release -T ~/tools -d -D /var/build/root
=3D=3D=3D> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C com=
piled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

ERROR: configure of nbmake failed
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

What's happening here? I've tried to build as root without -U and works fin=
e.

Thanks.

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org