Subject: Re: quick build.sh question
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2002 12:52:09
> ...without building w/ DESTDIR at least once, you could potentially impair
> your ability to build (tools) again if your first attempt fails.  I think
> that's the general idea Thomas Miller was getting at.

Well, I didn't say I don't do backups or have other ways to recover, but
actually something like that never hit me with the new build system.

When it comes to clobber the system (i.e. when doing the includes) all the
host tools have completely & successfully been built. This is no guarantee,
but it usually works pretty well.

I just wanted to point out that the very complex and slow plan presented here
is not necessary.

Martin