Subject: Re: LFS troubles from around 20020405
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/2002 21:16:58
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> /dev/wd0a   127195868 41428750  73047532    36%    /mp3
[...]
> NetBSD grappa 1.5ZC NetBSD 1.5ZC (GRAPPA) #4: Fri Apr  5 17:58:15 EST 2002     gr@grappa:/usr/obj/.i386/sys/arch/i386/compile/GRAPPA i386

If this is the problem I think it is, I think if you upgrade lfs_cleanerd
to later than 20020426 or so, it won't do this any more.

> Is this a known aberrant behavior I've just missed paying attention
> to? Have I got myself a corrupt ifile? (How would I tell?)

If the cleaner is not running, a "sync" followed by fsck_lfs should tell
you if your ifile is corrupted, even without unmounting your fs.  (If it
is messed up fsck_lfs may not be able to help you yet.)

> Konrad, you out there? Anything I could do here to help debug?
> (Upgrading to a more recent -current is quite possible; in fact, I
> think I've got a 20020430 snapshot lying around I haven't started
> using yet, and could easily build a newer one.)

When you say "LFS" I am listening, though I don't always have time :^/

It might be worthwhile trying one of the 1.6_BETA snapshots...there is a
lingering race somewhere that causes my test box to fall over about once
every twelve hours in reassignbuf() (this is with QUEUEDEBUG, ymmv) but it
should be significantly more stable than an early April snapshot.

						Konrad Schroder
						perseant@hhhh.org