Subject: xfree 4.2.0 autorepeat problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver1@attbi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/2002 08:47:36
I am trying to set my keyboard autorepeat delay to 200 milliseconds,
and the repeat rate to 30 characters per second.  This doesn't work from my
XF86Config file, but I can successfully set it using "xset r rate".

The strange part is that the settings I find are 660 and 25.
From reading the Xfree source, I would expect to find 660 and 40.
Can anyone give me a clue why my XF86Config file isn't working?

Thanks,

Ben

The section in /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier	"Keyboard1"
    Driver	"Keyboard"
    Option	"AutoRepeat"	"200 30"
    Option	"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
    Option	"XkbModel"	"pc101"
    Option	"XkbLayout"	"us"
EndSection

"xset q" shows:

Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25

/var/log/XFree86.0.log shows:

(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard1"
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "200 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc101"
(**) XKB: model: "pc101"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) XKB: layout: "us"
(==) Keyboard: CustomKeycode disabled
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver

/usr/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/xkb/xkbAccessX.c shows:

int     XkbDfltRepeatDelay=     660;
int     XkbDfltRepeatInterval=  40;