Subject: Re: sparc64 releng-20010531-NNN...
To: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/2002 02:38:48
On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 05:10:50PM +0200, Love wrote:

  | Hi
  |
  | I tried to install sparc64 releng-20010531-NNN... on a ultra1 but sysinst
  | failed with the first text below. Fixing the mode-bits make it failel later
  | (second text). mknod'ing bpf0 dev-node made dhclient happy, bit sysinst
  | didn't pick up the dhclient values.

I've fixed the permissions problems for dhclient-script and binstall,
and added bpf0 to the MAKEDEV devices on the image.

Once a new snapshot is available (in a day or two, or build one
yourself once you have the updated versions of the files in
distrib/sparc64/instfs), can you try this again?

I suspect that sysinst won't find the dhclient values, even in the
newer version.  Could you send-pr a report describing any problems in
a newer snapshot (after it's available)?

Thanks for reporting these problems!

Luke.

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com