Subject: sparc64 releng-20010531-NNN...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2002 17:10:50
Hi

I tried to install sparc64 releng-20010531-NNN... on a ultra1 but sysinst
failed with the first text below. Fixing the mode-bits make it failel later
(second text). mknod'ing bpf0 dev-node made dhclient happy, bit sysinst
didn't pick up the dhclient values.

Setting the ip-address & mask enable me at least being able to download the
sets and they seemed to install nice (which the 1.6A snapshot didn't do).

Then it failed when installing the boot blocks (third text). I ran the on
the prompt, again the mode-bits must have been wrong.

With this I got my u1 sparc booting.

Love

[ 1. wrong bits on dhclient-script]

    Command: /sbin/dhclient -pf /tmp/dhclient.pid -lf /tmp/dhclient.leases le0
     Press any key to continue
execve (/sbin/dhclient-script, ...): Permission denied
le0: not found

If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please
get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before
requesting help.

If you did get this software from ftp.isc.org and have not
yet read the README, please read it before requesting help.
If you intend to request help from the dhcp-server@isc.org
mailing list, please read the section on the README about
submitting bug reports and requests for help.

Please do not under any circumstances send requests for
help directly to the authors of this software - please
send them to the appropriate mailing list as described in
the README file.

exiting.

[ 2. bpf dev missing]

    Command: /sbin/dhclient -pf /tmp/dhclient.pid -lf /tmp/dhclient.leases le0
     Press any key to continue

No bpf devices.   Please read the README section for your operating system.

If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please
get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before
requesting help.

If you did get this software from ftp.isc.org and have not
yet read the README, please read it before requesting help.
If you intend to request help from the dhcp-server@isc.org
mailing list, please read the section on the README about
submitting bug reports and requests for help.

Please do not under any circumstances send requests for
help directly to the authors of this software - please
send them to the appropriate mailing list as described in
the README file.

exiting.

[ 3. boot blocks]

    Command: /usr/mdec/binstall ffs /mnt
     Press any key to continue
sysinst: execvp /usr/mdec/binstall: Permission denied