Subject: Re: What am I supposed to do with usr.sbin/config ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2002 12:54:11
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:14:26PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Well, it didn't work for me for the 1.6 branch: after a
> cvs co -l -r netbsd-1-6 src
> a cvs update -r netbsd-1-6 -dPA would leave me with an almost-empty
> usr.sbin (only config).

The first "cvs checkout -l" command goes much faster if you
leave out the "-r <tag>".  Like this:

        CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
        cvs -d ${CVSROOT} login                 # password anoncvs
        mkdir /var/tmp/foo
        cd /var/tmp/foo
        cvs -u -d ${CVSROOT} checkout -l src    # this is reasonably fast
        cd src
        cvs -u update -A -rnetbsd-1-6 -dP       # this is slow

If the first "cvs checkout -l" fails, then the directory structure
needed by the subsequent "cvs update" will probably not be created
correctly.

--apb (Alan Barrett)