Subject: Re: make release prob on i386
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/2002 09:36:34
On Thu, 30 May 2002, Patrick Welche wrote:

: Following "realinstall" through, I can't see any directories being created.
: For that matter, the only directories I see created at all are in "obj" not
: "install". (The reason the build worked, but not the release was that the
: build was for 1.5ZC, but the release for 1.6A => tooldir changed..)

If you want to do "make release" with OBJHOSTMACHINE set, you *must* do a
"make build" on the same kernel version first (or, to be more specific, not
set BUILD_DONE so that "build" becomes a prerequisite of "release").  This
is because host-specific objdirs key off the OS version number, which
NetBSD supplies from the kernel.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/