Subject: Re: What am I supposed to do with usr.sbin/config ?
To: David Laight , <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/2002 23:53:16
Re. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/05/29/0015.html

...hm.  When I was using a dialup account, I never had problems getting
NetBSD .tar.gz files.  It took a while, but my ISP wouldn't kick me off.

Maybe ISP's run a different game, now.  Or maybe the small-time, local
ISP's in Kansas City were just cool.  (^&  (Now, I've got DSL via an RBOC.
DSL is nice.  I can't say that I'd recommend using a big ISP though, and
may try to switch off of mine after my year is up.)

If you can't download big files due to a screwey ISP, you might consider
getting someone to send you a CD.  Bob Nestor, I think, was quite happy to
burn sources onto CD's (see Bob's Budget CD's).  Probably Wasabi would,
too.  Or ask a friend with a CD-burner and a fast feed.

Like Steve Miller said, ``There's a solution...''