Subject: Re: make release prob on i386
To: Patrick Welche , David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/2002 17:36:28
On Wed, 29 May 2002, Patrick Welche wrote:

: I did a make build on i386 with today's code which was successful. I'm rather
: surprised that a subsequent make release failed with:
:
: /usr/src/sys/kern/genassym.sh: /usr/src/tools/obj.i386/tools.NetBSD-1.6A-i386/bin/i386--netbsdelf-gcc: not found
:
: and sure enough, it isn't there! (i386--netbsdelf-{dbsym,lint,mdsetimage} are)

Then I tend to wonder how you managed to get dbsym and mdsetimage without
the toolchain, or for that matter, how you compiled anything...!

Are you explicitly setting TOOLDIR somewhere?  (Environment?  mk.conf?)  And
if so, where?

...Rule of thumb: on build breakage, always include:

* build log copy-and-paste

* the contents of your mk.conf and any environment variables you've set to
  do a build

* exactly what commands you run to build (whether "make blah" or "build.sh"
  or what have you).

**