Subject: Cross-building (was Re: Crosscompilation Alpha -> i386/ELF w
To: None <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/2002 21:06:56
>From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@wasabisystems.com>
>Date: 25 May 2002 20:16:54 -0400
>
>One other warning: cross building from Alphas (and to Alpha) is known
>to have problems on some architectures because of gcc bugs.

Is there a matrix available anywhere with current cross-build status
information?  I'm interested in cross-building for various targets on
an i386 host, but I'm not sure what will work and what will be flakey.

I had some trouble with cross-building for sparc (most of the
resulting binaries would just dump core), but that was a while ago and
I'd like to see what will be expected to work before I try this out
again.

Cheers,
entropy