Subject: Re: Kernels during build.sh -R
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/2002 07:28:35
On Sat, 25 May 2002, Julio Merino wrote:

> Yesterday, I built a release for the first time (build.sh -R). It is MUCH
> slower than a simple world build... The worst part is when it starts
> compiling all of those GENERIC_* and INSTALL_* kernels. Is this list of
> kernels customizable? Personally, I do not need any of them, so I would
> like to specify which kernels to build (my own ones).

Sounds like you don't really want to build a release at all. Use "-d"
instead. If you still want the tarballs, you could "make sets" in
"distrib/sets" after the build is done. "-R" is used to build
snapshots for distribution. It builds just the kernels that the
sysinstall binaries know what to do with, and there's no knob to make
it do otherwise.

Frederick