Subject: Re: NetBSD (kind of) in the press.
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/2002 23:12:28
On Fri, 24 May 2002, Dave Burgess wrote:

> Apple just took out a 2 page ad on page 2 and 3 in this week's Federal
> Computer Week, listing testimonials about "BSD-based Unix" and OS X.

I also saw that ad a few times in a few different magazines over the past
month now.

The ad reminds me that I want to try some patch for blackbox to have
transparent menus.

> I know it's just an ad, but for those of us that have been quietly
> supporting NetBSD for years, it's excellent press.

I agree it is good press for "BSD".

This ad was also discussed on netbsd-users with subject: "OT: apple's
marketing is just insolent" this past week.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/