Subject: Re: sip0: receive FIFO overrun
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2002 13:01:18
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 12:10:55PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> I also have a K7S5A MB, and see the same thing. I don't think it's
> temperature related, but that there's a bug/quirk we aren't dealing with.
>
> Whenever I see these problems, I have to reboot the machine. Nothing else
> works.
>
> I've occasionally seen the problem when I first power up, so I don't think
> it's temperature.
>
> Also, I can failry reliably cause the problem by shoving a LOT of data
> over the link. Like when I was first installing, I'd try to tar my msdos
> partition to an NFS-mounted file system. The tar would alway die on the
> first large file it found. I had to end up getting a different ethernet
> interface for the machine to do the install.
>
> Other thoughts?

I have one of the first "New Internet Computer" boxes and it has similar
issues with the sip driver.  I boot it diskless so there is obviously
plenty of NFS traffic.  I haven't tested it in several months, so perhaps
I can fire it up and see if some of Jason's recent changes have any effect.

Hmm, I would be happy to loan it to Jason if that would help out.

-Andrew