Subject: Expanding NetBSD keyword in CVS files
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/2002 20:13:44
I have a copy of the NetBSD repository, and would like to be able to
check out files from it, and get the same things I do if I fetch them
from anoncvs.netbsd.org.

What I get now comes close, but all the /* $NetBSD: ... $ */
lines differ - my cvs isn't treating NetBSD as a keyword and
expanding it (so I get the ident line one version back into history,
the version that was there just before the file was checked in).

Obviously I could just hack my cvs sources, but surely there's a
better way?   All the normal NetBSD CVS repositories must be running
something different than what NetBSD ships as cvs, mustn't they?
Either that or there's some undoc'd config option.  Why?

I know this has been mentioned on the lists before, I did a search on
the NetBSD site, but using "NetBSD" and "cvs" (and such) as search keywords
isn't terribly productive (large numbers of hits, none of which is
relevant).

kre