Subject: Re: nroff formatting of INSTALL.txt
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/2002 14:26:50
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> 	could someone with clue about nroff formatting, please look at the
> 	following PR and suggest solutions for it?
> 	http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15349

Whatever we do, distrib/notes/common/legal.common should be consistent
with distrib/notes/${ARCH}/legal, for all values of ${ARCH}.

Most of the files under distrib/notes/*/legal use ".Pp" to separate the
various legal notices, but there are a few exceptions.  This produces a
blank line between items.

I suggest changing them all to use ".It" as a separator between items,
and adding ".(item" and ".item)" to distrib/notes/common/main, like
this:

  In common/main:

    .(item
    .so ../common/legal.common -----------------------------------------------
    .so legal -----------------------------------------------
    .item)

  In common/legal.common:

    .\" Do not use ".It" before the first item
    This product includes software developed by the University of
    California, Berkeley and its contributors.
    .It
    This product includes software developed by The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
    .It
    This product blah blah blah.

  In ${ARCH}/legal:

    .It
    This product blah blah.
    .It
    In the following statement, "This software" refers to the foobar
    driver:
    .(item -offset indent
    This software blah blah.
    .item)