Subject: Re: seg fault on install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Milos Urbanek <urbanek@openbsd.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2002 00:02:23
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:20:16PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

So actually I can confirm the 'sysinst' bug aswell.
When I was installing NetBSD 1.5ZC 3 weeks ago the pax process got
sig segv while installing games.tgz.
The installation procedure failed. I dont remember if the sigsegv was
received before extracting the next set or in the middle of extracting
the actuall set. I was quite suprised but I tried it once again and the
problem disappeared. The machine was running OpenBSD for the last two
years and I had no problem with RAM or sigsegv (except of the buggy
programs). I assume that there is somewhere a bug in the sysinst binary.

I can confirm the 'bug' in the pms driver aswell.
After an hour or so the ps2 mouse gets unusable and every attempt to move
the mouse generates a 'pms: reseting mouse interface' error.

Milos