Subject: Re: NVidia question
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2002 20:30:43
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:55:05PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:

> The laptop version could be different, I suppose. I don't have
> personal experience with that arrangement. On the desktop it works,
> and XFree86 reports the usual compliment of XAA 2D accelerations.
>
> (--) PCI:*(1:5:0) NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 rev 163, Mem @ 0xe6000000/24,
> 0xe8000000/27, 0xe7800000/19, BIOS @ 0xe77e0000/17
> (II) NV: driver for NVIDIA chipsets: RIVA 128, RIVA TNT,
>         RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro, RIVA TNT2 Ultra, Vanta, Riva TNT2 M64,
>         Aladdin TNT2, GeForce 256, GeForce DDR, Quadro, GeForce2 MX/MX 400,
>         GeForce2 MX 100/200, GeForce2 Go, Quadro2 MXR, GeForce2 GTS/Pro,
>         GeForce2 Ti, GeForce2 Ultra, Quadro2 Pro, GeForce4 MX 460,
>         GeForce4 MX 440, GeForce4 MX 420, GeForce4 440 Go, GeForce4 420 Go,
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup, there it is.

I guess that's what I get for listening to my coworkers.  Looking through the
XFree86 4.2.0 source, it sure looks like it's supported.

I know someone who just got a new Dell Inspiron 8200 that has one of these
chipsets.  I'll have to convince him to let me try to get NetBSD+XFree86
onto it to see if it works.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."