Subject: Re: seg fault on install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2002 18:39:27
--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:00:34PM +0200, Piotr Stolc wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:27:37PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> > If memory was faulty, it should fail more usually... and my -current sy=
stem
> > is quite stable (despite some problems with X).
>=20
> I can confirm this - yesterday I've built a -current release, and the sys=
inst
> segfaults while installing files. It is _not_ a hardware problem.

I'm thinking that maybe installation kernels come with some option enabled
that is causing problems (and GENERIC don't have it). It comes to my mind
(haven't looked) the root memory filesystem... Although I'm using it for
/tmp on my system and works really fine.

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
HispaBSD member - http://www.hispabsd.org
Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>