Subject: Re: HEADS UP: ssh configuration files renamed
To: Bruno Saverio Delbono <bruno@lucifer.at>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2002 10:23:56
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Bruno Saverio Delbono wrote:

> I agree. However, that was just one point I wanted to bring out. If we
> are confirming to the OpenSSH filename standards...why not have the
> sshd banner the same. Alternatively is there a reason why we have the
> banner in the first place?

Sometimes OpenSSH in the NetBSD tree is patched for a specific fix
-- without updating all code, so that is one reason why the comment. (It
probably isn't needed though.) You could edit this in
/usr/src/crypto/dist/ssh/version.h.

SSH-<protocol version> is mandatory so different versions can
interoperate. (So keep that part.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/