Subject: ISA/PCMCIA adapter does not detect cards
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2002 20:16:15
Hello,

I'm putting together a new machine (the 'old' one started locking up once
or twice a day and I couldn't find the problem).  I have a ISA/PCMCIA
adapter, so I needed a mb with an ISA slot (the dealer had no PCI adapters
in stock).  I got myself a Soltek SL-75KAV and a '1800 MHz' Athlon Palomino
CPU.  I filled the PCI and ISA slot(s) and the system is up and running
NetBSD15ZC now.

The Problem: The PCMCIA adapter doesn't see any card events.  If I insert
a card, nothing happens.  The adapter was working with the old mb (KT7)
a few hours ago, so it should be OK.  Here's what dmesg says:

pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xdffff irq
pcic0: controller 0 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has socket A only
pcic0: controller 1 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has no sockets
pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
pcic0: controller 0 detecting irqs with mask 0xdeb8:..5..9..10..11
pcic0: using irq 5 for socket events

Before hacking with bios irq settings, dmesg said the system would poll
for card events, but it didn't seem to work any better then.

What's the problem?  I (still) need to read CF cards on my system,
so I have to get this working..

Yours PCMCIAlessly,

  -jm