Subject: critical hardware RAID problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rumi Szabolcs <rumi_ml@rtfm.hu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2002 10:35:53
Hello,

earlier I've been reporting panics with the "mlx" driver with a
Mylex DAC960P card. Now I have put a completely different controller
into the same box, a Compaq SMART 2/P but this one panics almost the
same way, what makes me think that the "ld" driver is the one having
problems, not the card-specific code.

I really wonder how nobody else is facing/reporting these problems,
since they make those (and probably some other) RAID controllers
practically unusable under NetBSD.

Tests were made on 1.5.3_ALPHA, RC1, -current 011206 011222 020219 020424,
all the same results (except for different additional problems with some
of the -current snapshots). Now I gave up because I _had_ to get that
box working. It is currently running Linux like a charm...

Regards,

Szabolcs Rumi
-