Subject: Re: HEADS UP: ssh configuration files renamed
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/2002 13:06:17
--Bd2KlmcTHfsQFEJ+

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:28:27PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> HEADS UP!
>=20
> The ssh(1) and sshd(8) configuration files have been renamed to be
> consistent with the OpenSSH defaults:

Why? Did you discuss this change anywhere public?

We actively changed these to be consistent with our internal
defaults. I presume there was some discussion at the time, and
someone decided it was the right thing to do. Why would you go about
breaking everyone's ssh config file setup *again*?

I would *guess* that that someone decided as they did for the least
change-over pain when we kick OpenSSH to the curb, at which point
the configuration filenames ought, sensibly, to match either the
rest of our config files or FreSSH's defaults (or, ideally, both).

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--Bd2KlmcTHfsQFEJ+