Subject: Re: more tlp problems
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2002 12:10:03
On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 10:15:31AM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, David Laight wrote:
>
> > The reason for the dribbbling bit could be anything, but is
> > most likely a dodgy cable/connector somewhere.
> >
> > - what sort of network cabling an/or hubs do you have
>
> The firewall's internal interface (tlp1) is connected to a HomePNA switch
> with a direct cable (which is new).

In that case the 'network' is just the system and switch...
(I assume the HomePNA switch is some ADSL DTE)
You won't get dribbling bits and/or CRC errors from further afield.
They are entirey local errors....

FWIW FDX misconfiguration usually gives 'carrier loss' and 'late
collision' errors.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk