Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5ZC and IPF
To: Bruno Saverio Delbono <bruno@lucifer.at>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2002 21:11:02
There are no more licencing issues with H.323 code. The NetBSD -current
tree was updated to include the proxy code. However, Darren said the
H.323 code in IPFilter 3.4.25 is buggy and should not be used. For this
reason, it has been disabled.  If you need to enable it and don't mind
the bugs, just edit netinet/ip_proxy.c (search for #include
"netinet/ip_h323_pxy.c").

Brune Saverio Delbono wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>     A few issues I saw when I installed the latest -current snapshot
>     (i386):
>
>  - The current snapshot of NetBSD includes IPF 3.4.25 which is missing
>    a major part -> the H323 proxy. I had to really struggle to get it
>    working on a 486 box with -current
>  - There are problems compiling IPF 3.4.25 (from Darren) as it bitches
>    about opt_ipfilter_log.h and a few other opt_* files which need to
>    included. Yet, I did not find any of these files on my current
>    snapshot/cvsweb/source tree. Any ideas?

These should be created in the compile/YOURKERNEL/ directory when
you config the kernel.

> PS - I think we should also update IPF to 3.4.26 in -current(with H323
>      proxy).
>
> Kind Regards,
>
>     Bruno
>
> --
> What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream?  Or what's
> worse, what if only that fat guy in the third row exists?
> 		-- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?